What I am about to say would not go down very well in Lesotho which is a country that love their grilled meat (or Nama as they call it), but for this past month both Tess and I have been meat free and its been the best thing we have done, for the simple reason it means we can’t be lazy when it comes to cooking and we are experimenting with flavours every lunch and dinner time rather than cooking the standard meat and two veg!
Now this sweetcorn salad is super fresh and went really well with grilled halloumi but next time I will definitely have it with some grilled white fish and maybe even some brown rice.
So here goes, I won’t bother with the method as all you need to do it whack it altogether in a mixing bowl and bobs your uncle…
- 1 x Tin of Sweetcorn (drained)
- 2 x Tomatoes (remove and discard the seeds and dice the skin)
- 1 x Red or Orange Pepper (Diced)
- 1/2 x Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 x Cucumber (Remove and discard the seeds and dice the rest)
- 1 x Good handful of chopped Coriander
- 1 x Large Garlic clove chopped into a paste
- 1 x Small Red Chili diced
- 1 x Teaspoon of Moroccan Spice (we used Asda’s own).
- 1 x Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- Juice of 1.5 Limes
- Salt and Pepper to taste