By Chef Luciana Battisti
What you will need:
150g salted butter (softened)
80g light brown muscovado sugar
80g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100g chocolate chip chunks
1 pinch sea salt
- Heat the oven to 160.C and line a tray with non stick baking paper
- Put 150g of softened butter, 80g of light brown muscovado sugar and 80g of granulated sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy.
- beat in 2 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 large egg and add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- add 225g plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt into the bowl and mix it in with a spatula.
- add the chocolate chips or chunks and stir well.
- use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture, spacing them well apart on the baking trays.
- bake for 10 minutes until they are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre if you press them.
- sprinkle with sea salt on the top of each one and leave to cool for a few minutes before lifting to a cooling rack.